Our Business Operations Assessment Framework, pictured below, illustrates our highly evolved and proven method for discovering high-value improvements in any business. For example, any of the following goals could be achieved using our framework:
- Determine the strategy positive projects to approve for the coming budget year
- Determine what projects to drop from an overcrowded portfolio
- Determine where to focus strategic or tactical spend
- For an in-coming executive, find out what no one is going to tell you
- Find out if the acquisition you are looking at will pay off as expected
- Discover why an operating unit’s financial performance is degrading and what to do to turn it around
- Figure out who your key players are on the team… they may not be who you think they are…
- Find out if cultural issues are standing in the way of growth, agility and performance and what you can do about them
- Discover if and how regulatory compliance controls are being circumvented
- Determine if your organization should be restructured for leaner and more efficient operations
High Performance Organizations are very agile in recognizing and prioritizing areas that require improvement and that are misaligned with market conditions or corporate strategy. The ability to “zoom in” to these gaps is vital to an organization’s prioritization and resource allocation in driving higher levels of performance. Our Business Operations Assessment (BOA) provides a framework and implementation mechanism to focus on the right areas by identifying, tackling and measuring the most pressing issues within the organization.
You get the idea that there is a lot more underneath the covers of the Framework. The important thing to remember for our first discussion is that Phase I provides a low-cost foundation for achieving any of the goals mentioned. You can also find further explanatory materials on our INSIGHTS page.