Why use a consulting firm to assist with change management? Because change management is not a core competency of your staff. If your organization was constantly in a state of upheaval they probably would become pretty competent but that’s certainly not what you want.
Change Management is required to transition from one state to another and then stability and performance is achieved once again. An experienced temporary consulting resource is an excellent way to avoid the pitfalls illustrated in the picture below.
Representative events when change management is usually needed –
- Integrating departments post-acquisition
- Adopting shared services, outsourced or off-shored operating models
- Installing a new ERP system
- Creating or implementing a controls transformation program
- Redesigning Financial or Operational processes
- Implementing or improving new cross-functional processes
- Converting financial reporting systems
- Supply chain changes
- Operations performance improvement
- Restructuring functions and departments
The following are fundamental factors to be consider for effective change management.