Isabel Perlinski – CEO, MBA, PMP
Isabel is the CEO and co-founder of Perlinski & Company. She is responsible for general corporate management, client and partnership development, corporate strategy, methodology, process assurance, compliance and risk management.
Isabel has over 34 years of experience with comprehensive experience in management, finance, and information technology with proven in-depth expertise in business development and operations assessment, program & project management, functional business planning, and corporate and financial strategy. Isabel has expertise in multiple industries and the private and public sectors. Isabel has led the company in expanding to provide performance audits of public entities to state governments.
Isabel earned her B.S. in Computer Science from Northeastern Illinois University in 1983 where she graduated summa cum laude and her M.B.A. with high honors in 1993 from the Graduate School of Management at the University of California at Irvine. She was awarded outstanding student and was selected for membership in Beta Gamma Sigma, the honor society for collegiate schools of business. Isabel holds several securities licenses such as Series 7, Series 24, Series 28, 63 and 79. She has completed training in various project management methodologies, IT development methodologies and organizational change. Isabel is fluent in reading, writing and speaking Spanish.
Isabel has been involved in various community and industry activities. She was a founder and prior board member of the Women Executives and Entrepreneurs of Southern California where she played key role in the development of programs to expand the knowledge and access to capital for women entrepreneurs. She co-chaired and rose funding for a capital fundraising event for women entrepreneurs and organized events that brought government resources as well as private resources to these entrepreneurs.
Isabel was also a founding member of Hispanic Net of Southern California. She was also active in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and was a member of the National Association of Independent Broker Dealers. Isabel also served as president of the Dean Advisory Council for UCI School of Humanities. This advisory council was responsible for working with the community to bring awareness of the UCI School of Humanities resources, events, and funding requirements. Isabel was also a strong supporter of Girls Inc. of Orange County, a non-profit youth organization dedicated to inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
Steve Perlinski – COO, PMP
Steve is a co-founder and COO of Perlinski & Company. Steve’s experience includes effectively acquiring, integrating, focusing and developing businesses. His association with process efficiency and enabling technologies over the past thirty-seven years supports a deep understanding of what is possible in lean operations as well as how to realize aggressive corporate growth. His experience spans several industries ranging from manufacturing and retail to healthcare and high-tech. Steve has also extensive experience working with the federal and state governments. He has worked extensively with diverse multi-cultural teams throughout North America, Europe and in Asia.
Steve has a diverse career experience including General Director of Global Supply Chain at GM managing an organization of 3,000 employees in 128 countries; reducing internal costs over 5% while standardizing global service delivery infrastructure (creating COVISINT). Steve was also CIO of four companies; key skills in mobile, cloud, security, strategy, and management. He was a Managing Director at KPMG heading up Western Region Risk Management Services and he was the Managing Director of a venture fund where he demonstrated extensive expertise in financial modeling.
Steve has held top-secret and SCI security clearances in connection with his work for the U.S. Air Force. He attended Loyola University of Chicago for both undergraduate and graduate medical studies. Steve has completed training in LEAN/6 Sigma. Steve attended the prestigious Global Executive Leadership Program, Leadership at the Peak, Colorado Springs and is an advocate of Agile management and operations.
Steve has been involved in various community and industry activities. He has rescued and trained German Shepherds since 2000 and is a strong animal welfare advocate. He has provided pro bono counselling for entrepreneurs and shares career advice with younger workforce members. Steve also studies North American, European and Middle Eastern history, philosophy and theology and has a deep interest in physics.
Dan Kuzdzal – Senior Consultant
Dan has 15 years experience in integrated international and domestic logistics services, as well as over 15 years of direct retail management experience. His supply chain experience ranges from demand and allocation planning systems, foreign vendor freight consolidation, freight forwarding, all modes of transportation, trade regulations and CT-PAT compliance, FTZ and Sub-Zone programs, tax minimization, distribution network rationalization, and RFID applications. His retail background covers merchandising, distribution, and store operations.
- Designed & implemented an international merge in-transit program for a major computer manufacturer (Digital/Compaq) from 3 foreign origins direct to customer sites.
- Assessment of supply chain operations for a Canadian Provincial Liquor Control Board resulting in $35M (Can) in annualized operating improvements and revenue enhancements.
- Assessment of global inbound transportation infrastructure & pricing for major apparel retailer with savings in excess of 8%.
- Global rationalization of DC network for international travel retailer (Duty Free Shops) operating in 22 countries with reduction from 8 to 3 facilities.
- Planned the outsourcing and implementation of a national retail home products specialty chain’s (BB&B) conversion to a 3PL network of distribution providers.
- Developed a DC by pass, cross-docking solution for a major retail apparel specialty retailer (GAP) utilizing bar code technology to control distribution to over 2000 stores in the USA & Canada.
- Developed a wholesale strategy for a major fashion retailer’s (Nordstrom) global sourcing group and planned interface functionality between Retek (ERP), PKMS (WMS), and Movex (ERP) applications
- KPMG Global Director Advisory Development and Knowledge Management
- KPMG Director Operations Risk Management & Advisory Services
- PWC Director Consumer & Industrial Products Supply Chain Consulting, Western Region
- Arthur Anderson Business Consulting, Principal, Integrated technology & Supply Chain Management
Dan’s experience includes principal level positions in department and specialty store retailing, as well as in the international shipping, forwarding and airfreight industries. His consulting experience in supply chain focused on the consumer and technology industries as a director with several global consulting firms.
Dan received his B.A. in Business Administration from Wayne State University, as well as his M.B.A in Marketing from Wayne State University. He holds a second M.B.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan. Dan completed the Executive Development Program at the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business.
Steven Swann – Partner
Steve is a partner, and has over thirty years of in-depth technical and leadership experience in business process analysis, technology projects and portfolio management. This experience encompasses the integration of a wide variety of technologies at the Enterprise level. Projects have ranged from CRM, BI, ERP, Data Warehousing, and Systems Process Control to Information Integration Design. He has implemented Data Centers, Broadcast Networks, Satellite Operations Facilities, Corporate Web Portal projects and Retail Business Management Systems. The primary industries that he has worked in are the Banking, Information Technology, Media and Telecommunications areas.
- Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Project Management – Enterprise OBIEE project for Major Medical Corporation
- Service Level Management (Contracts and SLA Processes) – International Support Contract for Off-Shore Support in Mainland China
- Network/Media & Portal Project Management (Systems Design and Analysis) – Portal project for Fortune 100 Corporation
- Security & Legacy Analysis (Enterprise Analysis) – Process and Procedure analysis for Government Service Organization
- Project Management Major Medical firm Business Intelligence initiative with OBIEE
- Project Management of Major Banking (ICRS) Credit Risk Portfolio Data Warehousing Project
- Co-Authored Major Corporate Applications Development Project Methodology (Modified Six Sigma for software development)
- Project Management of ERP, CRM implementations and the Telecom Business Implementation of Digital Imaging for Document Repository
- Designed and Implemented Digital Media Production Graphics Imaging and IS Systems for the first US Regional 24 hr News Channel
- Designed and Implemented Major Corporate Private Satellite Network and 10,000 port major digital voice/data switching NOC
- Pioneered the design of all Digital Media Broadcast Network Applications and Database Systems
- Utilized and Promoted the first AVID NLE Digital Editing Systems for Broadcast Production
- Designed, Built and Managed Major Computer Based Corporate Television Production facility
- Project Managed the Implementation of a Major Corporate Optical Fiber System and managed a private Satellite Network with 3,000+ downlink stations
Steve has management experience at the levels of Manager, Project Manager, Operations Director and CIO in the Financial, Broadcasting, Technology and Telecom Industries. He has managed principal vendor relationships, operations groups and technical staffs both domestic and international. Steve has participated as a guest speaker in International CIO Symposiums in mainland China, published technical articles in several Asian publications and has been interviewed on China Television.
Steve holds a Bachelor of Science from University of Utah in Business Management, a Certification in Data Processing (CDP) from the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP). He has done graduate studies in Information Technology Management at San Jose State University and is currently enrolled in Stanford
University ‘s Advanced Project Management Program.
He was National President, Vice President and Director of the InteCom Users Group Organization and served for four years as Chapter President, Vice President and Director/Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP).
Robert Hovee – Board Member
Robert is on the Advisory Board and a Partner of Perlinski & Company and is based in Newport Beach, California. His extensive experience includes several operating roles with major corporations, starting his own company in the medical device industry and as a private investor serving on over 24 boards in the past sixteen years. His focus has been on corporate and strategic planning, organizational issues, marketing and new product development. He has worked extensively in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Robert is currently advising several technology start- up companies to assess their position to manage to break even cash flow.
- He is currently involved and on the Board of Directors of a major nutraceutical company advising on compensation, operations and governance.
- Robert completed an assignment in the development of a plan for a spin-off for an internal group of a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.
- Robert is involved with a Japanese pharmaceutical company in identifying potential acquisition candidates.
Chairman and CEO of Life Support Products, Inc., a medical device company. Robert led the company from its start-up phase to exit. Robert grew the company substantially achieving a return on capital of 415% over a 30 month period for the venture partner. With 38 patents and another 20 in development the company held dominant positions in the emergency medical field. The company averaged a 36% increase per year in audited after tax profit over the last four years of his management. The company was sold to a public company.
Director of Marketing, Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Robert’s primary focus was on new product development supporting growth of 20% of annually.
Robert has held senior positions in sales and marketing for companies such as Atari, Spalding, William B. Meyer and Boise Cascade Corporation.
Robert has served on more than 24 company boards of for profit companies in medical technology, internet-enabled financial services, computer services outsourcing and nutraceuticals. He has been the lead on eleven completed related acquisitions.
Robert has a BA of Marketing and a BA of International Business from the University of Washington. He has an MBA from the American Graduate School of International Management at Phoenix, Arizona where he was honored with the Barton Kyle Yount Academic Scholarship.
He has chaired numerous volunteer boards to include Chairman University of California at Irvine Medical Center Executive Council, Chairman Accelerate UCI Graduate School of Management, Chairman Life Science Industry Council/SoCalBio, Chairman Venture Point SBDC. Robert was also Vice Chair of Orange County Business Council and has held several other volunteer board assignments.
lyad Darcazallie – Board Member
Iyad is on the Advisory Board and a Partner of Perlinski & Company and is based in Oakland, California. Iyad has over twenty years of experience in executive and general management, corporate development, business development, corporate finance, management consulting, outsourcing, and engineering.
- He is senior vice president and general manager for Derceto, Inc, an energy management software company focused on the water industry.
- Prior to joining Derceto, Iyad was EVP and COO at EPS Corp. (now Ameresco Intelligent Sustainable Services), a clean tech software company focused on industrial energy management solutions.
- Iyad joined EPS from Hewlett- Packard’s Strategy & Corporate Development group where he led acquisition and investment activities for HP’s $39B Services/EDS unit. At HP he also served as the general manager for a $200M unit of the company’s IT Outsourcing business.
Iyad was COO of Net-Strike Worldwide LLC, Ernst & Young’s $120M workforce solutions subsidiary (now Sogeti, a subsidiary of Gapgemini), where he had also previously served as CFO and VP of corporate development. Prior to that Iyad was an executive in Ernst & Young’s global Deals, Acquisitions and Ventures group where he headed strategic acquisitions, equity investments, special initiatives, and new venture creation activities related to the firm’s emerging service lines.
At Ernst & Young France, Iyad held positions at in the Management Consulting and Corporate Finance practices. Earlier in his career, he held structural engineering positions at engineering consulting firms Bechtel Corporation, HJ Degenkolb Associates and Ove Arup & Partners.
Iyad has served as an independent advisor to several companies in the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Iyad has lived in the US, France, Switzerland, the UK and Belgium, and has spent significant time working on transactions and projects in Western Europe, Russia, Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Mexico and India.
Iyad is a licensed California professional engineer (PE), and he holds a BS with honors in architectural engineering from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, an MS in structural engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, and an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley.